Glowing skin is something most people want to achieve. Although it may seem like an impossible feat for some people, there are a few things you can do to feel great and get that younger-looking skin.
If you want that glowing skin, you must know that skin care is essential to preserve our skin healthy, free from acne and acne scars, and radiant.
Although there are a lot of available skin care products out on the market now, it is still best to care for your skin naturally, if possible. How do you do that? Implement consistent beauty and skincare routine.
In today’s article, I’ve compiled a list of things you should know about achieving and maintaining a natural skin care glow and some natural skin care recommendations. Most likely, you already have all the items you’ll need at home, so you won’t have to rush to the store.
But before we proceed to the tips, it is essential first to know your skin type as each has different needs.
Determining your Skin Type
Four Primary Skin Types
As mentioned, you need to determine your skin type before getting acquainted with what skincare routine and product you shall use. Although you can always ask for help from your dermatologists, you must be the expert on your skin.
Choosing the right sunscreen or cleanser it’s all up to you! And the first step to doing that is figuring out your skin type.
So, what are the four types of skin? The four primary types of the skin include:
If you already know your skin type, then great! But if you do not have any idea, you can always start determining the appearance and feel of your skin.
Here are some tips to determine which type of skin you have:
- Normal Skin Type – Normal skin means you have moderate moisture and oil balance. Skin will not be prone to breakouts, flakiness, or being slippery or tense. Moreover, pores are usually tiny, the skin’s texture is smooth, and it is less likely to be sensitive or pimply.
- Oily Skin Type – Oily skin is characterized by an overabundance of sebum, which makes the skin appear shiny and greasy. The T-Zone (forehead, nose, and chin) is particularly susceptible to oily skin, so you are more likely to have big pores, acne scars, and acne breakouts.
- Dry Skin Type – When skin is dry, it may be dull, flaky, or even scaly. Your skin will generally feel tight or less elastic and is more prone to showing visible wrinkles. Furthermore, you will get the feeling of having uncomfortable or inflamed skin.
- Combination – Combination skin is characterized by dry and oily areas, with the T-Zone generally greasy and the cheeks either dry or normal.
Now, there are two general ways that you can try to determine your skin type quickly.
The first method is the bare-faced method. To do this, you will need to:
1. Wash your face with a gentle cleanser and remove all traces of makeup.
2. Pat dry your skin with a clean towel and wait about 30 minutes.
3. Observe your skin and determine which skin type you have based on the description above.
The second method is the blotting method. For this one, you will need:
1. A clean piece of facial tissue or blotting paper
2. Wash your face with a gentle cleanser and remove all traces of makeup.
3. Pat dry your skin with a clean towel and wait about 30 minutes.
4. Gently press the clean piece of facial tissue or blotting paper on different areas of your face (forehead, nose, cheeks, and chin).
5. Observe the oiliness of the blotting paper, and determine your skin based on the descriptions provided.
After learning what type of skin you have, you may now discover which type of routine you should use and fully achieve that glowing skin. Keep reading!
Natural Skin Care Tips for your Skin
How to Naturally Care for your Skin
Radiant skin is typically seen as a sign of health and vitality. Dull or dry skin, on the other hand, can make you feel less than your best. This is why caring for your skin and maintaining your natural glow is essential.
Remember, Hydrating your skin is essential for keeping it looking its best. The right moisturizer can help plump the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and give your skin a natural, healthy-looking glow.
To do that, make sure you are cleansing your face every day. This will remove dirt, oil, and any other buildup that can clog pores and cause skin problems. Additionally, exfoliating regularly sloughs off dead skin cells and will help reveal fresh, new skin beneath. And of course, make sure always to moisturize.
But what if you want to go beyond cleansing, exfoliating, and moisturizing?
Here are some additional ideas you can use to get gorgeous and glowing skin:
1. Use a face mask once or twice a week.
2. Include natural ingredients in your skincare routines, such as aloe vera, honey, or coconut oil.
3. Get plenty of relaxation. Stress can cause skin problems like breakouts or dullness.
4. Drink lots of water throughout the day to keep skin hydrated from the inside out.
5. Eat a healthy diet of fruits, vegetables, and fats. This will give your skin the nutrients it needs to look its best.
Following these tips can make your skin look and feel its most refined. However, because we have various skin types, it’s likely best to figure out which will work the best for your skin type.
How to care for Normal skin
Normal skin is the easiest skin type to care for. The only thing left to do is to maintain your skin and be consistent with your routine to keep that natural glow.
Your routine when dealing with normal skin should include, at a minimum, a gentle cleanser, a lightweight moisturizer, and broad-spectrum sunscreen to help protect your skin from the sun’s damaging rays.
How to care for Oily Skin
Oily skin is the most common type of skin among individuals. It’s also one of the most challenging types to maintain because it can be challenging for you to keep up with it.
But that doesn’t mean you must have a greasy face daily!
The first thing you can add to your skincare routine is to wash your face twice daily. A good, warm cleanse will remove any dirt and oil on your surface, allowing the cleanser to work better.
More importantly, do not forget to use moisturizer at least three times a day. Moisturizing is essential for oily skin because it helps decrease sebum production, reducing skin inflammation.
How to care for Dry Skin
Having dry skin can be a severe problem. It can cause itching, redness, and definitely acne which may lead to damaged skin.
One of the best things you can do for your skin is to use moisturizers before bedtime. Applying moisturizer before going to sleep will help prevent dryness and improve the quality of your sleep.
Another way to take care of your dry skin is by drinking lots of water to reduce dryness.
If you have damaged or broken skin, it is best to avoid using products that contain exfoliants or acids because they could further irritate your skin’s surface.
How to care for Combination Skin
Combination skin can be tricky to care for since it’s not just a single concern you’re contending with but several conflicting concerns.
Gentle treatments that offer lightweight moisture without weighing down or drying out your skin are typically advised for individuals with this skin type. Look for soft goods that are appropriate for all types of skin. Balance is critical when dealing with this type of skin.
Q: How can I make my skin look natural?
A: You can make your skin look natural by using natural ingredients in your skincare routines.
Q: What is the best way to care for my skin type?
A: The best way to care for your skin type is to use products that are appropriate for your skin type.
Q: What is the best way to protect my skin from the sun?
A: The best way to protect your skin from the sun is by using sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher and wearing protective clothing when you are outdoors.
Q: What is the best way to handle sensitive skin?
The best way to deal with sensitive skin is to be gentle with it. Do not use harsh products that might have irritating substances.
Q: What causes acne?
Acne can be caused by excess sebum oil, clogged pores, hormonal changes, medication or lifestyle, and diet changes.
Ready to get that gorgeous glowing skin?
By following these simple tips, you’ll be on your way in no time. These are all important for keeping your skin looking its best.
Additionally, if you can stick to a skincare routine that incorporates these tips, you’ll be well on achieving beautiful glowing skin. We can’t wait to see that glow!